May 29, 2007

Job VS Career


I had an informal lunch interview to meet up with Company X's Country Head, to discuss on the potential interest of taking me as a Director-Head of Debt Capital Market in a top 50 Financial Institution in the world heading the Malaysia Team. This has been the 2nd time i was offerred similar position this year but the 1st one was a posting in HK which eventually i decided not to consider.

The new offer is based in KL with occasional regional posting which i don't mind and the money sounds tempting. The thing is that i don't have major issues with my current employer, in fact i think i am doing good here. I get away with a lot of things, my team members are OK (not GREAT but OK as they are SuperRich kids that doesn't need to work), my CEO is nice to me, benefits are good, OK bonus etc....but what do i want? I question myself too sometime.

I do believe that among other underlying reasons of my state of well being is due to fulfillment at work. Correlation between them are strong! To me a job is not just a job. I am passionate about it, how i do it and it becomes more of a lifestyle than just a place to go from 9-6. So what if i do love my job rite? At least i know i am among the few lucky ones.

More money really helps especially with unimaginable bonus and i get to do a lot of things if i decide to join Company X. I really need to think more serious about this offer. Shit....

6 comments:

chocpot said...

wow babe... thats brilliant! am happy for u that opportunity knocks.

put on ur thinking cap.. at least ud be here most of the time :) muaks!!

MBA said...

Thanks CP. I really need to think la...

Unknown said...

me here if you wana talk...

jangan lupa session fisio therapy kita...;)

jumpingondbandwagon said...

To aid you in assessing the offer, heres a useful link for some tips/guidance http://salarycenter.monster.com/articles/evaluate/access

Anyways congrats on the offer

MBA said...

Thanks JOTBW. We r not as lucky as others working with our own rich family business! :-)

Anonymous said...

MBA

I'm sure u can decide what is best for you .. good for you!!

-Petmen