"In 1949, 9 year old Wilma Rudolph learned to walk without leg braces after suffering from polio and spending most of her first years in bed. Rudolph went on to win three gold medals in the 1960 Olympics".
It was very motivating to observed human capabilities. Not that i will win any gold for any races but story like Rudolph to me is very inspiring. Over the weekend, me and 3 others running buddies, run through a storm literally. The day started out a bit cloudly but after 25 minutes running, rain started to pour so heavy, hitting every part of me...and my shoes! It was kindda difficult to run at that condition at first. We have no other choice as no shelter on the roadside. With rain hitting my sideways, wind whipping my face and my eyes (contact lense), i do feel kindda good running in the rain after a while. It was a difficult feeling to describe as it was my first time running in such condition at 6.30a.m and i'm glad i did it!
I don't expect my weekend running days to be better than the last. I know some days will be slower than others and some days might even hurt a bit more than usual. But as long as i am on the road, its a good day! We completed about 17KM that day.
People asked me before, why do i run. Don't really have an answer to that. I'm just an average runner, no where close to many people that i know and i believe I am only in a competition with myself. I do run my own pace and maybe in a way, running helps me retain a sense of normalcy.
Its not about winning, its about finishing what i've started.
P.S: Saw those bikes at Ann Joo after lunch. Its kindda cute.
1 comment:
good for u MBA!!!
Post a Comment