August 14, 2008

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2008




I do wonder why i signed up for StandChart Singapore Marathon again. I am not sure whether i can run that distance anyomre but i suppose we shall see when the time comes. I know it was a good fun with just unexplainable feeling and hope will get that same feeling again this year.

Organizers are aiming for another record-breaking year with 48,000 runners, signifying a 20% increase across seven different categories, the Full Marathon (42km); the Half Marathon (21km); the 10km - Men’s and Women’s, 10km Team; 10km Wheelchair Race and the revamped Kids Dash.

Runners can also expect improvements to the route; the organisers are incorporating the iconic Benjamin Sheares Bridge and the Singapore Flyer into the route for the first time. I hope i can still run better than last year. I do enjoyed it a lot as it was very well organised event with many supporters, excessive water check points and mobile toilets! Seriously...that is a plus point. I've got about 114 days to go...7 Dec 2008.

No comments: